Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Updates!!!

Holy Moly! What a crazy month it's been!
I have been wanting to get back on here and life just hasn't been letting me. But today I say -Life, deal with it! I am slowly getting back to "in control" of my life and its chaos and am finding time to sit back and do a few things for me. Selfish, I know but it really has been a long time since I have done something that I wanted to. And now, I want to share...
 
Backstory...about a year before I moved to Texas, my friend and I started a craft group. We meet once a month to get crafty and just reconnect. Super fun! Loved it. It evolved while I was gone but was still going when I moved back and these great ladies let me back into the fold--happy me!
So it's my month to come up with the project and sure as rain, I couldn't make a decision. Instead of one project I made four.
(In reality, I think it was the wanting to do for me that came shining through...)
 
I did narrow it down but still wanted to share them all so here you go, my "holiday updates"...
 
This is the project we will be doing. I have to admit the idea wasn't mine. I saw a version of it on a guest post done at Wood Connection and fell in love with it! It was super simple and looks so super cute on my front porch. The best part is my girls. I overheard them the other day directing traffic--Halli you go see Santa, Reegan you can play the Reindeer Games, and I'll be at the Candy place! So funny, I love it!
 

 
I wanted a fun centerpiece for my table that could last the season not just Christmas so this little sleigh was born. It's a box with the front and back pieces being the sleigh cutout. I debated setting a potted poinsettia inside but as I have a knack for killing them, I opted for fake instead.

 
I love this!
I made some for a bazaar several years ago and kicked myself for not keeping one.  It's okay though, cause I have one now. It's made from pine 1x4's and a 1x6 rounded on the ends, a 1x2 across the front for braces, and 2 1x3's cut on an angle for the treads. Again, I thought about adding a live wreath but fake won out in the end.

 
And last, I needed a new door decoration. I love the shape of vintage glass ornaments so opted for that. I cut it from 1/2 inch MDF and then made it pretty with paint, vinyl snowflakes, a little bit of greenery, and of course glitter!
It coordinates with the wreath on the sled so my front porch is looking pretty darn festive. I smile every time I come home--I love this time of year! Wish my porch could be this happy all the time.
 
I have a few more "updates" I want to share and of course the ornament exchange pictures will go up here in a day or so, so be looking for them. They are, like always, amazing.
 
Hope all is going well and your holiday season is off to a great start,
happy crafting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...